Forsythia Table Runner
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd home decor fabric, light green
- 15 yds Lion Brand Chenille Thick & Quick Yarn, brown
- 1 Fat quarter, yellow
- Sulky embroidery thread, brown & yellow
- Warm & Natural cotton batting, 13"x54"
- 2 yds tear-away stabilizer
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut two home decor fabric pieces, one batting piece and one tear-away stabilizer piece, each to 13"x52".
- With tear-away stabilizer under one piece of decorator fabric, zigzag yarn with brown thread to form
- forsythia branches.
- Cut 1-1/4" bias squares out of yellow fat quarter.
- To make forsythia blossom, pinch center of square, hold in place along branch and triple zigzag with yellow
- thread over tip. Sew desired number of blossoms on branches.
- Tear away stabilizer.
- Finish by sewing fabrics right sides together with batting under embroidered piece, turn, press and sew closed.