SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Foam core board
- X-Acto® knife
- T-square or ruler
- Cardstock: red, white, blue
- Silver self-adhesive paper
- Ribbon: red, white, blue
- Cricut® Personal Electronic Cutter, optional
- Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, optional
- Various patterned papers
- July 4th stickers
- Glue stick
1. Cut a rectangle of foam core twice the length of the desired sign. Score across the center, not cutting through the paper layer on the bottom side. Fold, so the foam core forms a connected tent shape.
2. Measure and cut a piece of patterned paper to cover the front and overlap an inch onto the back side. Apply glue and adhere paper to the front panel.
3. Cut a second sheet of patterned paper the exact size of the back of the sign and adhere with glue. Cut 1" wide stripes from red, white, and blue cardstock. Glue stripes to the bottom front of sign, leaving a small space between.
4. Cut letters, numbers and stars using scissors or Cricut® machine and Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. Glue to signs as desired. Embellish with stickers.
5. Cut an 8" length of ribbon and glue to the center of the inside of sign, about 1" from the bottom. When dry, glue the other end of the ribbon to the other inside panel of the sign. This prevents the sign from opening too wide or falling flat.