Fourth of July Tray
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid FolkArt:
- Acrylic Paint: wicker white, burnt umber, engine red, navy blue, floating medium
- One Stroke Basic Brush Set
- Spray Lacquer, matte finish
- Unfinished wood tray
- Wood stars, assorted sizes to fit tray edge
- Craft glue
- Paint larger wood star engine red. Paint 4 wood stars navy blue. Set aside to dry.
- Paint entire tray wicker white. Let dry.
- Using #12 flat brush loaded with engine red, slide on chisel edge to paint red stripes for rocket.
- Using navy blue, paint the rocket tip and base with navy blue.
- When painting with a liner brush, thin paint with water until "inky" consistency is achieved. Using script liner brush, paint red and blue scrollwork at the base of the rocket.
- Paint blue and red stars inside of tray scattered among the scrolls. Use liner brush and wicker white to paint small stars on tip of rocket.
- Load #12 flat brush with engine red and sliding on chisel edge, highlight the sides of the tray at the corners.
- Glue wood stars to the front of tray.
- Load #12 flat brush with floating medium. Side load into burnt umber. Shade around rocket and all stars.
- When project is completely dry, apply several light coats of spray lacquer for added durability.