SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- White fur
- Light Brown felt or choice of color
- Trims of choice
- Sequins of choice
- X-Acto&® knife
- Pen or marker
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
1. Place mask facedown onto the felt. Leave 2“ of felt above the mask. Use a marker or pen to trace the mask. Draw 2 triangles at the top of the mask for the ears. Draw across the top of the ears and another line down between the ears to the top of the mask.
2. Remove mask and cut the felt along the lines. At the top, cut the center line down and across to either side of the triangle ears. Cut only the outside lines of the ears.
3. Position felt onto the mask and glue in place. Fold the flaps at the top over onto the triangle ears and glue onto the backside. This should help stabilize the ears.
4. Flatten the fur and place facedown.
5. Place the mask facedown onto the back of the fur trim. Make sure the trim is at the edge of the mask. Trace one of the eyeholes onto the fur with a pen or marker.
6. Remove the mask and draw about a 1“oval around the eyehole. Make sure the oval goes all the way to the end of the trim. Carefully cut out the fur using an X-Acto&® knife. Do not put a lot of pressure on the knife Always cut the fur on the backside.
7. Place the mask upside down onto the fur trim and repeat steps 5 and 6.
8. Position the fur pieces onto the mask and hot glue into place. Press the fur down firmly while gluing.
9. Cut some trim and outline the eyeholes.
10. Embellish the mask with trims and sequins.