Framed Cable Cord Joy Art
Finished Size 8"x10"
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1?2 yd 3/16" cable cord
- Liquid Stitch™ glue
- White tailor’s chalk
- Basting adhesive
- Dritz® Home Foldover Braid Trim
- 8"x10" frame with back
- Masking tape
- Sewing machine & basic sewing supplies
- Tan thread
- Iron & pressing surface
- Scanner & Printer
- Cut six 13" pcs. of braid trim. Press flat.
- Lay long edge of pieces side-by-side. Stitch together with a decorative stitch in tan thread to form a braid trim fabric.
- Enlarge & cut out pattern. To transfer pattern to braid trim, tape pattern to window. Center the braid trim over pattern & tape to window. Trace over “joy” with tailor’s chalk. Remove braid trim & pattern from window.
- Spray front of frame backing board with basting adhesive. Center the traced lettering on board & press to adhere. Wrap loose edges around to back of board. Tape in place with masking tape. Secure in picture frame.
- Knot one end of cable cord & fluff end. Starting with “j”, apply a bead of glue over the traced letters. Stop at the first place the cable cord will intersect. Lay the cable cord in glue. Use T-pins to hold cord in position until it begins to dry.
- Continue applying glue to the next intersection & lay cord in glue.
- Before applying glue to the last section, lay out cord to determine where the end knot should be. Knot cable cord end; cut close to knot. Fluff loose ends. Apply glue & cord to finish lettering.
- Cut four 11?2" pieces of cable cording. Lay pieces side by side & tie centers together with thread. Wrap thread around centers as tight as possible before knotting.
- Rub ends to fray cable cord. Trim pompom to 1" dia. Fluff & glue to top of “j”.
Items in This Collection
Item # prd3129
Available for U.S. Shipping Only