SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache letter
- Acrylic paint (2 shades of same color)
- Sponge brushes
- One 12"x12" Paper Pizazz ‘Road Map’ patterned paper
- Modge Podge
- Map of Paris
- Wooden Star
- Wooden Eiffel Tower embellishment
- Glitter glue
- Paper trimmer
- Tacky glue
1. Paint all sides of paper mache letter with lighter shade of chosen color with sponge brush. While paint is still damp, use a second sponge brush and darker paint to ‘swish’ lightly over the lighter colored paint for a textured effect. Set aside to dry.
2. Cut strips of the roadmap patterned paper into 1" strips. Using Modge Podge as the ‘gluing agent,’ spread a light coat on the edges of the paper mache letter and adhere 1" strips of road map patterned paper around the letter. Set aside to dry.
3. On the Eiffel Tower embellishment, add a few lines of glitter glue to add a bit of sparkle.
4. On the Star embellishment, paint the outside edges with the lighter shade of paint. On a map of Paris, trace around the wooden star, positioning ‘Paris’ toward the center. Cut out and glue to top of star. Once dry, add glitter glue around outer perimeter. Set aside to dry.
5. Adhere embellishments using tacky glue to the front of the paper mache letter to complete the project.