SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sculpey® Clay 2 oz. blocks: Leaf Green, Granny Smith Green, White, Black
- Aluminum Foil
- Baking sheet
- Oven at 275 degrees F
1. Knead the Leaf Green clay between your hands until it reaches a workable consistency.
2. Form a 3" oval for the body of the frog.
3. Form a 1" oval for the head and press it onto the body of the frog.
4. Roll 2 pea-sized balls. Press them gently on top of the frogs head, as a base for the eyes.
5. Roll two 4" ropes. Bend each in half, pressing at the knee joint.
6. Press the legs onto the base of the body oval towards the back.
7. Roll 4 small balls. Press them flat to form the feet.
8. Press 2 feet next to each other under the front belly. Press one foot on either side, slightly shifting to the
rear of the front feet.
9. Wash hands before changing colors. Knead the White clay until workable.
10. With White clay, form a 2" oval. Press it on the front of the frog body to make the underbelly.
11. Roll 2 small pea-sized balls and press them on the green eye base.
12. Wash hands again.
13. Knead the Black clay. Form two very small balls to press onto the whites of the frog eyes.
14. Roll a small and thin rope to form the mouth of the frog. Attach to the face.
15. Wash hands. Knead the Granny Smith green clay into small balls to flatten. Press spots on the frog body.
16. Bake frog sculpture at 275 F, on a baking sheet lined with foil, for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before