WOF = width of fabric
1/2“ seam allowance used throughout
Use of design wall is recommended
54“ x 60“
1. Determine order/placement of fabrics.
2. Remove selvedges from all of the ten coordinating fabrics. All fabrics for the quilt top will be ripped/torn, not cut.
3. For strip #1, rip three 4“ x WOF strips of fabric. With right sides together, stitch strips together along short ends. From this long strip, rip two 54“ x 4“ pieces. Place both strips together with the wrong sides together. Treat as one unit and set aside.
4. Rip three 2-1/2“ x WOF strips for strip #2. Stitch short ends together and measure two 54“ x 2-1/2“ pieces. Place wrong sides together and treat as one unit.
5. Using a 1/2“ seam allowance, stitch strip #1 to strip #2. (Having two layers of fabric for each strip increases the amount of frayed edge.)
6. Continue ripping three WOF strips for each of the remaining strips, stitching short ends together, cutting two strips to 54“ and placing wrong sides together. The width of the remaining strips is as follows:
7. For the patches, rip 6“ x WOF strips from each of the remaining contrasting fabrics. Determine placement of patches and rip squares/rectangles to corresponding sizes. Measure from frayed edge to frayed edge of strips.
8. Applique to quilt top. To stabilize patches when quilting, pin in place and secure them with stitching. Tip: Clip the frayed seam allowances of the pieced unit at the side of each patch. This allows the seam allowance to be finger-pressed opened under the patch while remaining free outside of the patch.
9. From backing fabric, make a 63“ x 69“ rectangle.
10. Layer backing, batting rectangle and quilt top. Quilt as desired.
11. Trim excess batting and backing.
12. For binding, cut six 2-1/2“ x WOF strips. Stitch short ends together. Fold with wrong sides together and long edges even. Press. Using a 1/4“ seam allowance, stitch binding to quilt. Tip: Open the frayed seam allowances to reduce the bulk in the binding. Clip the seam allowances at the edge of the binding when stitching is complete. Turn the binding to the back and whipstitch in place.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>