Free Spirit Crochet Topper
SIZE: About 30" x 27" (76 x 68.5 cm), after folding and seaming
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
· LION BRAND® SCARFIE: Cranberry/Black 4 balls or color of your choice
· Lion Brand® crochet hook size J-10 (6 mm)
· Lion Brand® stitch markers
· Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
· Tape measure
14 hdc = about 4 in. (10 cm).
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- Topper is made in 2 identical halves.
- Halves are seamed together at back and sides to make the Topper.
- Each half begins at lower back edge and is worked up to shoulders then back down to lower front edge.
HALVES (make 2)
Beg at lower back edge, ch 54.
Row 1: Hdc in 3rd ch from hook (2 skipped ch do not count as a st) and in each ch across – you will have 52 hdc at the end of this row.
Row 2: Ch 2 (does not count as a st), turn, hdc in front loop only of first 6 sts, *hdc in back loop of next st, hdc in front loop of next st; rep from * to last 6 sts; hdc in front loop only of last 6 sts.
Rep Row 2 until piece measures about 54 in. (137 cm).
From RS, lay Halves side by side on a flat surface with lower back edges matching. Measure about 23 in. (28.5 cm) up from lower back edge. Beginning at this point, sew Halves together down to lower back edge. Following diagram, fold piece at shoulder line. Place markers on both side edges about 9 in. (23 cm) below fold and about 8 in. (20.5 cm) above lower edge. Sew side seams between markers and remove markers.
Unsewn edges above side seam are for armholes, unsewn edges below side seams are side slits.
Weave in ends.
ch = chain
hdc = half double crochet
rep = repeat
st(s) = stitch(es)
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2015 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.