SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 yds 45" home decor print Fabric A
- 2 yds 45" home decor print Fabric B
- 2 yds 45" home decor solid Fabric C: for ties
- 1"x1" wood board for top mounting: one for each door: cut 3" wider than glass
- 3/8" dowel for bottom hem length of each door: cut 3" wider than glass
- Staple gun, staples
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron, pressing surface
NOTE: Length of fabric may vary depending on glass dimensions in door.
All seam allowances 1/2".
1. Measure glass opening in door. Add 4" to the width and length. Fabrics A & B: Cut one each with the new dimension for each door. The pictured door had a glass opening of 15"x67"; fabric was cut to 19"x71".
2. With RS together, sew both sides and bottom of each shade. Turn RS out and press. Sew top closed.
3. Turn bottom up 1½" toward the lining; topstitch to form a casing.
4. TIES: For each door cut four 4"xLOS pieces of Fabric C. Pictured ties were cut to 4"x71".
5. Fold each tie, RS together; sew along open length and one end. Turn RS out; press.
6. Staple top of shade to the 1"x1"; add two ties to the bottom & two ties on the top, 3" from each side. Mount to door frame above glass.
7. Slide the dowel into the bottom casing.
ABBREVIATIONS: RS = Right side(s), WS = Wrong side(s), LOS = Length of shade