Frilly, Fun, and Festive Burlap Tree Skirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® &- Rainbow
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Peel & Stick Tape
- Fabric for skirt base &- enough to cut a circle of desired skirt size
- Variety of 100% cotton printed fabrics
- Disposable plastic table cover
1. Wash cotton fabrics and leave damp.
2. Lay fabrics out on work surface covered with plastic table cover. Tie each one into desired tie dye fold and secure with rubber bands.
3. Mix dyes according to package directions.
4. Apply dyes to fabrics and allow to set for 6-8 hours.
5. Rinse dyed fabrics under cool running water and remove rubber bands.
6. Wash and dry fabrics according to dye package instructions.
7. Tear fabrics into 2"-3" strips.
8. Cut burlap into corresponding strips.
9. Cut skirt fabric into desired size circle.
10. Cut a smaller circle in center to accommodate tree trunk.
11. Cut from edge of circle to center smaller circle to create skirt opening.
12. Starting at outer edge of skirt, apply strips of Fabric Fusion Tape around edge. Remove protective tape covering.
13. Apply first strip of burlap to tape, randomly pleating it to create ruffled effect, until first tape border is covered.
14. Apply second row of tape inside first ruffle row. Apply strip of dyed fabric in same randomly pleated fashion until tape is covered, adding additional strips of fabric as needed to complete the row.
15. Working inward, repeat above two steps until skirt base is covered, alternating dyed fabric and burlap to achieve desired effect.