Fringe Ribbon T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 T-shirt, color and style of your choice
- 1 spool of Fringy Ribbon, color of your choice
- Jewels, buttons, beads, sequins, etc, embellishments of your choice
- Needle & thread
- Measuring tape
FOR WHITE T-SHIRT:
- Draw a line on T-shirt where dotted line is shown in Fig. A. Cut along this dotted line to remove a small section of the T-shirt. Finish the raw edge by stitching across it in a zigzag pattern.
- Pin Fringy Ribbon to T-shirt as shown in Fig. B. Sew in place.
- Cut a 32" piece of Fringy Ribbon. Turn each end over twice and stitch to secure. Make a bow with the ribbon and sew the finished bow on the T-shirt as shown in photo.
FOR PINK T-SHIRT:
- Using a threaded needle, tie thread in a knot to secure and begin basting down the center of the Fringy Ribbon. Ruche the ribbon as you go by gently pushing it towards the knot.
- Continue ruching in this way until there is enough ruched ribbon to cover the entire neckline as shown in Fig. C. Tie thread in a knot to secure ruching and trim both ribbon and thread accordingly.
- Ruche another piece of ribbon to cover the left sleeve as in Fig. C. Ruche a third piece to cover the right sleeve. Pin the ruched Fringy Ribbon along the neckline and sleeves of the T-shirt as shown in Fig. C. Sew in place. Use your imagination to customize your T-shirt by adding additional colors of Fringy Ribbon, along with the embellishments of your choice.