SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Aleene’s® Jewel-It Embellishing Glue™
- Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion™
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paints™: matte azalea, matte grape, matte mandarin orange, neon yellow, glitter sterling
- Felt squares: hot pink, ivory, fuchsia and green
- Ribbons, 3 different styles in coordinating colors
- Ribbon end caps
- Small lobster clasp
- 3" chain for clasp end
- Small jump rings
- Lace and flower trim
- Assorted flat-back rhinestones, pearls, sequins and buttons
- Small paintbrush
- Small pliers
DIRECTIONS: For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Using different felt colors, cut out six equally sized heart shapes, approximately 2" high. Cut out 5-6 smaller heart shapes using different colors of felt.
2. Cut one 16" length of ribbon from each style; cut ribbon lengths in half.
3. Using Fabric Fusion®, glue 2 ends of same-style ribbon to the back of a larger felt heart. Overlap and angle at a V-shape when gluing, to allow necklace to hang properly. Repeat step with other two ribbon styles.
4. Take remaining three large hearts and glue each to back of a heart with ribbon. This will create three double-sided hearts with ribbon ties.
5. Glue various small heart shapes to the three large hearts as desired.
6. Using small paintbrush, lightly dab Tulip® Soft Paints™ onto front and back of hearts, using Glitter Paint for final accents.
7. Using Fabric Fusion®, apply lace and flower trims randomly onto hearts. Let dry.
8. Using Aleene's® Jewel-It Embellishing Glue™, adhere rhinestones, pearls, sequins and buttons onto hearts in desired positions. Let dry.
9. Determine the final length desired for necklace and cut each ribbon end. To stagger lengths for each heart, cut ribbons to different lengths.
10. Place all three ribbon ends from one side into a ribbon end cap and close. Repeat on other side.
11. Using pliers and small jump rings, attach lobster clasp on one side of ribbon end cap and 3" chain on the other.
12. Add embellishments with gems and pearls as desired.