Frozen Blooms Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Oly*Fun™, Sky Blue & Snow White
- 14" foam wreath
- Large white pompoms (6)
- Snowflake buttons or miniature Christmas ornament snowflakes (5)
- 5' of 24-gauge plastic-coated wire
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Needle & thread
- Craft glue, paintbrush & glitter (optional)
- Cut ten strips of Sky Blue Oly-Fun™ 2" x 12" wide. Create petal patterns by drawing freehand onto the paper. Petal sizes are approximately 4" (large), 3" (medium) and 2" (small). Refer to the diagram for quantities needed to create a total of six blooms. Create a pattern and cut out eight snowflakes, approximately 4" wide.
- Attach 12" lengths of wire to the buttons or ornaments and twist or spiral if desired.
- Using the thread and needle, stitch five large petals together. Pull the thread taught, drawing the petals together and stitch to secure. Repeat stitching the five medium petals together and then then four small petals.
- Glue the medium, the small petals on top of the large petal grouping. Glue a pompom to the center of the bloom. Repeat to make an additional five blooms.
- Using the glue gun and strips of Oly-Fun™, wrap strips around the wreath form, covering the entire surface of the form.
- The wrapped form. Attach the snowflakes to the back of the wrapped wreath form. Refer to the diagram for placement, being sure the snowflakes stick out beyond the outside edge of the wreath form.
- Turn the frame over to what will become the front side. Glue blooms to the wreath front, spacing them in a pleasing manner. Attach wired snowflakes to the wreath front by inserting them into the form, removing them, adding glue and reinserting.
- To create a hanger, cut a 1" x 4" strip of Sky Blue Oly-Fun™, fold in half and glue to the back of the wreath. Optional: Use a paintbrush to apply craft glue across the top edges of the large petals and inside the bloom next to the pompom center. Sprinkle glitter onto the wreath.