SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Apples, 3 pkgs each: red, green
- 3 pkgs yellow pears
- 2 pkgs pomegranates
- Berry stems, 2 each: red, burgundy, green
- 3 green boxwood leaf stems
- 6" clay pot
- Styrofoam® brand foam: green Cone & cube to fit clay pot.
- 1 pkg sticky clay
- 1 pkg green reindeer moss
- 1 pkg dried green magnolia leaves
- Round toothpicks
- Wire cutters
- Glue gun, glue sticks
- Sharp knife
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo.
1. Cut foam cube to fit in the bottom of clay pot. Secure with sticky clay.
2. Cut a 6" length from each of the 3 boxwood stems. Push the stems 2" into the bottom of the foam cone. Secure with glue. Push stems into the clay pot on foam cube. Push cone into clay pot for a tight fit.
3. Cover the rim of clay pot with green magnolia leaves trimmed to create smaller piecs. Glue widest portion on the inside of the clay pot. Glue the tip to the rim on an angle, cupping the leaf slightly. Continue arranging and adhering the leaves around the rim in different directions.
4. Insert a toothpick in the back of each fruit before inserting into cone.
5. Cut berries and boxwood leaves into small pieces.
6. Layer all fruits and berries.
7 Fill in around the fruits and berries with boxwood. Secure with glue.
8. To create the top: Cut eight 4 1/2" boxwood pieces. Place and glue to top of cone. Glue a row of green magnolia leaves, right sides facing out, below the boxwood.
9. Fold magnolia leaves in half and glue tip of leaf to the base. Glue 2 rows of these leaves to fill between the pears and the top.