Full Bloom Flowerpot
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Patio Paint:
- Geranium Red, Cloud White, Petunia Purple, Marigold, Azalea, Sweet Pea, Blue Bahama
- Laurie Speltz's Instant Images Template Tools:
- Floral Pocket Templates
- Garden Blooms Journal Templates
- Laurie Speltz's Instant Images Brushes and Tools:
- 3/4" Flat
- #1 Short Liner
- 3/8" Duo Tool
- 1/4" Duo Tool
- Terra cotta pot
- Painter's tape
- When pouncing off excess paint on paper towel before painting, you should not see wet paint on brush.
- Once painted on, color does not have to be completely solid.
- It is better to apply two lighter coats than one heavy one.
- Use flat brush to basecoat entire pot with Blue Bahama.
- Position and tape vine from Floral Pocket Template C into place on flowerpot. Tape off any adjacent areas on template where you do not want to apply color.
- Use 3/8" duo tool to apply color of choice into larger areas of template.
- Pounce brush end into first color and pounce off excess onto paper towel. With light, up-and-down pouncing motion, apply color. Let dry between coats.
- Use Cloud White for vine and repeat procedure around pot.
- Position and tape large daisy shape from Garden Blooms Journal Template A on flowerpot.
- Use 3/8" duo tool to apply Cloud White. Pounce brush end into paint, pouncing off excess onto paper towel. Use light, up-and-down pouncing motion to apply color. Let dry between coats.
- Repeat procedure with smaller white daisy shapes. Let dry between coats.
- Position daisy shapes into place to apply second and third colors: Using 3/8" duo tool, lightly pounce Azalea into center of large flower. Let dry.
- Using 1/4" duo tool, lightly pounce Petunia Purple closer to center of large daisy.
- With 1/4" duo tool, lightly pounce Marigold into left small daisy and near center of right daisy. Let dry.
- Pounce Geranium Red with 1/4" duo tool close to center of left daisy. Pounce Petunia Purple around edge of left daisy.
- Load flat brush with Sweet Pea. Position brush with chisel edge vertically. Create stem by lightly pulling line of color from flower to bottom of flowerpot. Repeat.
- Position leaf shapes from Garden Blooms Journal Template A. Pounce Sweet Pea into shapes.
- Using #1 Short Liner Brush, apply dash lines onto leaves.
- Use end of brush handle to add center dots to large flowers: Large daisy center is Azalea; left flower center is Geranium Red; and right flower center is Petunia Purple.
- Use stylus end of 3/8" duo tool to apply small dots in vines. Apply a variety of dots in Marigold, Petunia Purple, Azalea and Geranium Red. Add dots on large flower with Azalea.