SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:Icing Colors*: Violet, Rose, Orange, Golden Yellow & Lemon Yellow12"x18" jelly roll pan10"x16" cooling grid101 cookie cutter setWhite ready-to-use decorator icing — 4-1/2 lb. tubTreat pops12" disposable decorating bagsCouplersCake decorating tips: 2A, 1A, 8, 59" angled spatulaCandy eyeballsWhite ready-to-use fondant (1/4 oz. Per treat used)Roll-N-Cut mat9" fondant rollerLeaves cut-outs fondant cuttersBrush Set
- 3 boxes of white cake mix
- Food-safe scissors
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Combine Golden Yellow with Lemon Yellow for yellow shown.
1. In advance make three tinted cakes. Individually prepare three boxes of white cake mix following package instructions. In one portion of batter, gently stir in Violet and Rose Icing Colors to desired shade. (Use clean toothpicks to transfer color from jar to batter.) Repeat with Rose Icing Color for second portion and Orange Icing Color for third portion. Bake and allow cakes to cool following recipe directions.
2. Use small circle cutter from set to cut cake circles.
3. Assemble treat pops. Tint portions of decorator icing violet, rose, orange and small amount yellow. Push cake circle into bottom of treat pops container. Use tip 2A, coupler, cut disposable decorating bags and matching decorator icing to pipe swirl from back edge following the curve of the container then filling in the center. Repeat to add three more layers.
4. Use tip 1A, coupler, cut disposable decorating bag and tinted icing to pipe a large ball on top layer. Use spatula to shape into a dome and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Attach candy eyeballs. For head feathers, use tip 5, coupler, cut disposable decorating bag and tinted icing to pipe pull-out dot. For beak, use tip 8, cut disposable decorating bag and yellow icing to pipe pull-out dot.
5. Tint portions of fondant violet, rose and orange. Use fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll out 1/16" thick. Use medium leaf cut-out to cut two wings per treat. Use damp brush to attach wings to outside of treat pop, shaping gently.