SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache letters: S, U, N
- Paints: blue, 2 shades of orange, 2 shades of yellow
- Paintbrushes: 1/2" flat, small round
- White paint marker
- Ribbons in 3 coordinating colors
- Spray gloss varnish
Refer to photo.
1. Trace a large circle on the U and N.
2. Paint all the letters blue, up to the line of the large circle. Apply as many coats as necessary for good coverage. Let dry.
3. Paint the large circle a soft opaque yellow. Apply as many coats as necessary for solid coverage. Let dry.
4. Squeeze the orange and yellow paints onto palette. Beginning with the deepest orange in the center, paint the sun in lighter shades towards the outer edges of the circle. Blend the colors into each other while progressing outward, keeping the outer margins a soft line.
5. Using the round brush and yellow paint, paint “…fun in the” on the S and U. Outline the blue portions of the letters with white paint marker. When all is dry, spray with gloss varnish. Tie coordinating ribbons on the N.