Funky Chunky Florals
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® Foam:
- Project Bricks; approx. 170
- Block; 18x12x2”
- Several sheets of scrap Foam (to hold bricks while painting)
- Clear plastic paint can
- Spray Paint: White, Orange, Turquoise & Bright Green
- (2) Green daisy floral bushes
- (4) 4” orange daisies
- Silk Queen Ann Lace flowers: white
- Orange cardstock
- Ribbon: green (5/8” wide)
- Serrated knife
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Old newspapers
For Floral Arrangement:
1. Prepare Project Bricks to be sprayed by inserting toothpicks into the ends of them and setting the other ends into the scrap Foam. Place them about 1? apart in rows. (Ideally, equally divide Bricks into four groups, with each group being placed on its own scrap Foam.)
2. In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray all four groups white, first. Allow to dry. Then spray each of the four groups one of the four colors (orange, green and blue – giving the white group a second coat of white.) Allow to dry.
3. Use serrated knife to cut Foam Block to 5? x 2”. Hot glue end of block to bottom center of bucket. (This provides a way to support the flower stems and fills the core so that fewer Project Bricks are needed.)
4. Begin dropping painted Bricks into bucket, all around Foam Block, taking turns with the four colors to evenly distribute. Fill Bricks to top of block.
5. Insert two green daisy bushes into center of block. Add orange daisies in among the green. Then use scissors to trim Queen Ann lace into 8? lengths and insert among flowers to fill in. Continue to fill rest of bucket with painted Project Bricks, but saving enough Bricks to make place cards.
For Place cards:
1. Glue together two same-color Project Bricks, side-by-side for a stable base. Glue three more Bricks on top of one other, at angles. Insert tooth pick in top Brick. Repeat to make as many place cards as needed.
2. Use scissors to cut 1-1/2? x 2-1/2? cardstock for each place card. Staple a folded 2-1/2? length ribbon to one short side. Write name and then hot glue to top of toothpick. Arrange with color-coordinated tablecloth, paper plates, napkins and plastic utensils.