Funky Floral Memory Album
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Aleene's adhesives:
- FunCraft foam glue
- Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- Darice Foamies:
- 12-pc foam bases, circles
- Extra-Thick Foam Sheet, lime
- Pioneer E-Z Load White Memory Book
- 1-1/4" wide Offray grosgrain ribbon
- Velcro brand fastener strip
- Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Choose colors for florals & ribbon.
- Large flowers require two large red circles, two large yellow circles, one small yellow and one 11/4" red circle for the centers.
- To create flower petals, lightly draw a line from top edge of 1 large yellow circle down to other edge, lifting pencil through the middle so center is free of marks. Draw another light line cutting circle in 4ths, then into 8ths and 16ths. Repeat with 1 large red circle.
- Snip through pencil lines, leaving center section the size of the smaller 1-1/4" circles.
- Apply a thin coat of foam glue in center of the large uncut yellow & red circles. Allow glue to sit until transparent. Attach yellow floral piece on top of red and red floral piece on yellow circle. Repeat with glue on small red & yellow circles; glue to center of flowers. Lift cut areas to give petals dimension.
- Cut 2 thin strips, 1/4" to 3/8", from the lime foam sheet for stems; 8" and 6" long.
- Apply foam glue to backs of stems, allow to sit until transparent and attach to photo album. Glue flowers to tops of stems and add a Lime mini circle in the center of each flower.
- Cut a section of ribbon to fit around album, plus a few extra inches. Wrap ribbon around lower section of album. Use tacky glue to glue 1 fastener onto 1 end of ribbon and glue other fastener onto other end in a place on ribbon so that when fastener is sealed, the ribbon is tightly secured.
- Glue various colors and sizes of circles to the ribbon and around the flowers.