1. Use the wire cutters to cut two 9" legs from the painted wood dowel. Insert the legs about 1" into the 3" ball, about 1" apart, using low-temp glue to secure. For the small chick, cut two 6" legs from the dowel and glue in about 3/4" apart into the 2" ball. Tip: It is easier to attach the legs before adding the feathers.
2. Cut the feather boa in half. Cut two 1" pieces from the end of each half boa and set aside for the feet. Pin one end of the half boa to the top of the 3" ball. Wrap it down the ball and through the legs, up the back and pin again at the top. Now wrap the boa around the sides of the ball in the opposite direction and pin at the top. Wrap down across the front of the legs and pin again at the top, dividing the ball in quarters. Use the remaining boa to fill in each of the four sections, pinning at the top and bottom to secure. Repeat this step with the other half boa, covering the small chick the same way. Save remaining boa for future project.
3. Cut the 2" and 1½" balls in half using the serrated knife. These will be used for the feet. Stand the chickens upright and push the legs into the rounded sides of the half balls, using low-temp glue to secure. The 2" feet are for the big chicken.
4. Cut two 2½" and two 2" circles of the orange craft foam sheet and glue to the bottom of each foot, using the smaller circles for small chicken. Glue the 1" pieces of boa around each ankle.
5. Glue a 15mm wiggle eye onto the center of each 1" ball. Glue the eyeballs side by side on the larger chicken. Roll two 1" balls on the table firmly to compress them into about 3/4" balls. Glue a 12mm eye onto the center of each ball and glue to the smaller chicken.
6. Cut a 2"x2" square of the orange craft foam sheet and glue adjacent corners together to form a cone beak. Cut the wide end of the cone to even the edges, then glue the beak to the large chicken, just below the eyes. Repeat using a 1½"x1½" square of orange craft foam for the small chicken’s beak.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>