1. Baste the fur piping trim to right side of one of the 18" edges of one of the lining pieces.
2. Lay the piece face up on a work surface.
3. Place the 12"x18" matelasse piece face down on the basted lining/fur trim piece so that the right sides are facing and all of the raw edges are aligned.
4. Pin along the top edge (the one with the fur trim). Using a zipper foot, stitch as closely as possible to the fur trim to secure the pieces together.
5. Turn the pocket right-side out and press.
6. Lay the 18"x18" matelasse piece face up on a work surface.
7. Place the assembled pocket piece face up on top of the larger piece, aligning the bottom corners of the pocket piece with the bottom corners of the square piece; pin along the raw edges.
8. Stitch along the pinned sides to baste the pocket to the square piece.
9. Set assembled panel aside.
10. On the remaining lining/backing pieces, finish one of the long edges of each with a narrow hem by folding under the edge 1/4" and pressing.
11. Fold under an additional 1/4", press, and then stitch to secure.
12. Place the assembled front panel face up on a work surface. Place one of the back panel pieces on top of the front panel piece, facing down so that the narrow hem runs through the center of the front panel piece and the top two corners and all raw edges are aligned. Pin.
13. Arrange the remaining back panel piece on the lower half of the pillow in the same fashion and pin.
14. Stitch around the entire pinned perimeter of the cover with a 1/2" seam allowance, increasing the stitch length as needed when stitching over the fur trim.
15. Clip the corners and finish the seams before turning the cover right-side out and placing on the pillow insert. Tie a bow with the grosgrain ribbon. Use a needle and thread to hand stitch the bow to the front of the pillow pocket.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>
All swatches ship free.
There is a maximum purchase of 2 of the same swatch per order.
Swatches are excluded from coupon usage.
Swatches are not available to ship to Canada.