Fussy Cut Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 18" pillow insert
- Fabric large enough to fussy cut an 181?2" square plus two 18 1?2"x12" pieces for the back
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- White paper
- Determine section of fabric to center on the pillow.
- Cut strips of white paper to form a square frame with the dimensions of the pillow cover plus the seam allowance of 1/4". Tape together to form a frame with the inner dimensions as determined. Shown: 181?2" to cover an 18" pillow, allows 1/4" seam allowance.
- Place the square frame over fabric, centering the pattern within the frame. Trace inside edge of frame. Cut out fabric.
- Use a complementary fabric for the back. Cut out 2 rectangles of fabric that overlap at least 6" before sewing. (Pillow shown used 181?2"x12")
- To hem edge, fold backing fabric under 1/4" along one long side, then press. Fold under again; press & pin in place.
- Topstitch the hem down. Repeat for second back piece.
- Place pillow front right side up on a table. Place first back piece right side down with the finished seam down towards the middle.
- Place second back piece right side down with the finished seam up towards the middle.
- Pin all three layers together. Sew around all four sides with a 1/4" seam allowance.
- Clip off corners, turn pillow cover right side out & insert pillow form.
Items in This Collection
Item # 2175768
Available for U.S. Shipping Only