Future All-Star Soccer Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Kids Camp Future All-Stars value packs: 3-D Paints Fabric Markers
- 2 children's T-shirts: royal blue, lime
- Green embroidery floss
- Large-eye needle
- Basic sewing supplies
- Low-tack masking tape
- Wedge make-up sponges
- White chalk
- Sewing pins
- Cardboard to fit inside shirt
- For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo.
- Use scissors to carefully cut sleeves from lime shirt, from just under seam straight out to edge.
- Place cut edge of lime sleeve to inside hem of blue sleeve 1". Pin in place.
- Thread needle with six strands of green embroidery floss. Knot one end. Use basting stitch to sew sleeves together along hemline. Repeat with other sleeve.
- Insert cardboard into shirt. Place soccer ball with number stencil included in Kids Camp Future All-Stars kit onto shirt as shown, holding with small pieces of tape.
- Place strip of low-tack masking tape next to neckband at top of shirt, extending straight down front to bottom of shirt. Place another strip 1-1/2" apart from first strip. Run fingernail along inside edges to prevent seepage.
- Squeeze dark green 3-D paint onto foil. Tap flat end of wedge sponge into paint then pounce onto area of fabric between tape above and below stencil, adding more paint as needed for an even coat. Let dry. Add second coat. Remove tape.
- Squeeze lime 3-D paint onto foil. Using a clean wedge sponge, pounce two coats of lime paint into number portion of stencil. Let dry.
- Using a clean sponge tap two coats of silver 3-D paint into soccer ball stencil. Remove stencil and let dry.
- Cut design from pattern sheet. Place pattern along shoulder seam then lightly trace around design with chalk to transfer design. Reposition design as shown and trace, placing pattern across shirt as shown.
- Use purple fabric marker to color in design. Let dry.