SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Dye™: 2 bottles of red, 4 bottles of blue
- King-size flat white sheet
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper towels
- Zip ties
- 6 yds red ribbon
DIRECTIONS: For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash sheet. Do not dry.
2. Cut sheet in half lengthwise.
3. Lay down plastic tablecloth on flat surface.
4. Wearing plastic gloves, fill dye bottles with water. Shake until dye is dissolved.
5. Lay out one half of sheet horizontally on plastic tablecloth.
6. To create red section, gather sheet horizontally 1/3 up from bottom. Attach a zip tie. Continue to add zip ties every 3" to the bottom of the sheet.
7. Gather sheet 1/3 down from top. Add a zip tie.
8. Once banded, lay out both sheets on tablecloth.
9. Apply red dye to bottom 1/3 section with multiple zip ties.
10. Apply blue dye to top 1/3 of sheet. To achieve gradation into white, add more water to dye to lighten color. Leave middle section white.
11. Wrap sheets with plastic tablecloth and let set for 6-8 hours.
12. Wash sheets, leaving zip ties on.
13. When wash cycle has ended, cut off zip ties with scissors.
15. Cut ribbon into four equal pieces. Gather sheets vertically two feet in from each side. Tie with ribbon pieces to create bunting.