Game Day Stadium Throw
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Team Spirit™: 8 skeins, Navy/Grey
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- GAUGE: Rows 1–4 = 2-1/2" (6.5 cm) across side edge and 3" (7.5 cm) across longer edge. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- Red Heart® Team Spirit™, available in 5 oz (141 g), 244 yd (223 m) skeins
- Special Technique:
- Join with sc = Place a slip knot on hook, insert hook in indicated stitch, yarn over and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through both loops on hook.
- Throw is made of 12 pairs of triangles sewn together to form squares. Squares are sewn together and edged with a border worked in joined rounds.
- Triangle (make 24), Row 1 (wrong side): Ch 4, 2 dc in 4th ch from hook (beginning chs count as first dc), turn—one 3-dc group.
- Row 2 (right side): Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), 2 dc in first dc, skip next dc, 3 dc in top of beginning ch, turn—two 3-dc groups.
- Row 3: Ch 3, 2 dc in first dc, 3 dc in space between 3-dc groups, 3 dc in last dc, turn—three 3-dc groups.
- Row 4: Ch 3, 2 dc in first dc, 3 dc in space between first two 3-dc groups, 3 dc in space between next two 3-dc groups, 3 dc in top of beginning ch, turn—four 3-dc groups.
- Rows 5–18: Ch 3, 2 dc in first dc, 3 dc in space between first two 3-dc groups, *3 dc in space between next two 3-dc groups; repeat from * across, 3 dc in top of beginning ch, turn—eighteen 3-dc groups.
- Fasten off. Note Leave 30" (76 cm) tail for sewing on 12 triangles.
- Squares, Pair triangle with long tail with triangle without tail. With right sides held together and working through both thicknesses, whipstitch triangles together across last row. Repeat to form remaining 11 squares.
- Arrange 3 rows of 4 squares with diagonal rows facing in same direction and sew squares together.
- Border: Round 1 (right side): With right side facing, join yarn with sc in seam at any corner, sc in same seam, *working in ends of rows, work 36 sc evenly spaced across each square to seam of next corner, 3 sc in seam; repeat from * twice, work 36 sc evenly spaced across each square to first seam, sc in first seam; join with slip st in first sc—504 sc and four 3-sc groups.
- Rounds 2 and 3: Ch 1, 2 sc in same st as join, *sc in each sc across to center sc of next 3-sc group, 3 sc in center st; repeat from * twice, sc in each remaining sc, sc in same st as join; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.
Throw measures 38" wide x 50" long (96.5 x 127 cm).