Garden Metal Planter
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ items:
Satin Acrylic Craft Paint: Pool, Carrot, Wedding Cake
Glitter Acrylic Craft Paint, Turquoise
Foam Pouncer Set
Fair Isle Dots Adhesive Stencil
- Brush basin or water container
- Foam plate
- Paper towels
- Rubbing alcohol
- Metal planter
1. Thoroughly wash metal planter using warm soapy water; rinse well and dry.
2. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe entire metal surface to remove any remaining dirt, grease or soap film. Allow to dry.
3. Basecoat wide top band and smaller bottom band Pool and allow to dry. Reapply basecoat.
4. Apply Turquoise glitter paint over Pool basecoat on bottom band. Continue applying glitter paint until desired glitter effect is achieved.
5. Paint two dimensional bands Carrot. Allow to dry.
1. Center large floral adhesive stencil on Pool. Press stencil firmly against planter.
2. Stencil design with Wedding Cake using a foam pouncer and allow to dry.
3. Lift stencil and flip vertically; reposition and continue stenciling Wedding Cake floral border.
4. Position small leaf border stencil in smallest metal band and stencil Wedding Cake.
1. Allow painted metal planter to air cure for 21 days.