- Fimo® Soft polymer clay: tropical green, sunflower yellow, white, cherry red, black, caramel brown
- Brayer or clay conditioning machine
- Scissors or craft knife
- Coffee stir stick
- White acrylic paint
- Baking sheet
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo.
1. LEAF BASE: Condition & flatten tropical green clay to 1/8" thickness or use medium setting on the clay conditioning machine. Draw leaf with toothpick. Cut out with scissor or craft knife. Soften edges of leaf with fingertip. Curl stem. Use coffee stir stick to create dotted texture.
2. TIC-TAC-TOE GRID: Flatten white & caramel brown clay to 1/8" thickness or use medium setting on the clay conditioning machine. Cut out five 3/4" white squares & four 3/4" caramel brown squares. Lay on leaf, alternating colors to create the grid. Roll brown logs with 1/4" dia. Place around the grid. Draw in marks to resemble a twig.
3. FLOWERS: Make 3. Roll five 1/4" sunflower yellow balls. Place together in a circle. Press a caramel brown ball in the center. Shape the petals with a toothpick. Place on leaf.
4. BUMBLEBEES: Roll a 1/4" sunflower yellow ball, two 1/8" white balls and one 1/8" black ball. Push together. Flatten black clay; cut a thin stripe. Place stripes over back of bumblebee.
5. LADYBUGS: Roll a 1/4" cherry red ball and a 1/8" black ball. Place together to form lady bug. Add small black dots to back.
6. Bake pieces following package instructions. Allow to cool.
7. Use toothpick to paint white dot eyes on the bumblebees and ladybugs. Allow to dry.