SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fiskars® paper-cutting tools: Decorative Edge Scissors, Punches, Border Punches, Ruler, Shape Template
- Cardstock: variety packs
- DCWV™ Far East Cardstock Stack
- Glue stick
- Paper trimmer
- Hole punch
- Black marker
- Foam core board
- Craft knife
back to top
1. Trim foam core sheet to desired size.
2. Using ruler, draw curved lines on 4 colors of cardstock for the bottom edge of the composition. Cut out the strips and glue to the foam core board. Leave tops of strips glue-free.
3. Cut or punch long shapes from cardstock for stems and stake. Arrange and layer creatively. Adhere to foam core, tucking bottom ends into the colored strips at the bottom.
4. Cut or punch leaves & flower layers; glue them to the stems. Glue only the centers of some leaves flower layers to add dimension.
5. Write WELCOME TO OUR GARDEN sign. Layer sign on punched, embossed rectangles; glue to board. Draw and cut a bird shape and adhere it to the garden sign.
6. Punch out clouds and adhere. Use butterfly, caterpillar & garter snake shapes to embellish the scene.