SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yard fashion fabric
- 1/2 yard Pellon® 71F Peltex® I – One-sided fusible
- 1/2 yard Pellon® SF101 Shape-Flex®
- Hook & loop tape
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application of all interfacing. RST = Right Sides Together.
1. To determine belt length, measure around waist and add 4". Cut two 1" x (belt length) pieces of Peltex®.
2. Cut one 3" x (belt length + 1") rectangle of fashion fabric & one 3" x (belt length) rectangle of Shape-Flex®. Piece if necessary.
3. Place fusible side of Shape-Flex® against wrong side of fashion fabric. Fuse. Place Pelte® strips fusible sides together and fuse.
4. Fold fashion fabric in half lengthwise, RST, and pin. Sew along one long edge using a ¼" seam allowance. Turn right side out and press so that seam is in the center of one side.
5. Carefully pull fused Peltex® strip through the belt tube. Turn short raw edes in to match length of Peltex® and topstitch end to secure.
6. Cut a 2" length of hook & loop tape. Sew on to ends of belt.
7. To create decorative piece, cut out various shapes of Peltex® and fuse to fashion fabric. Cut out, layer and hand-sew to desired location on belt.