Gerbera Daisy Centerpiece
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Styrofoam brand 4 7/8"x4 7/8"x4 7/8" foam block
- 1 pkg 16"x18" Moss cloth
- 1 pkg Salt Cedar Natural
- 7/8" Green satin ribbon
- 8 Large Gerbera daisies
- 1 Ivy bush
- 1 pkg Brown floral tape
- 1 pkg Floral wire
- Low-melt glue gun*
- Wire cutters
*NOTE: Only use glue gun with adult supervision.
- Cut 2 pieces of moss cloth; one 5-1/2"x18", one 4 7/8"x18".
- Wrap the Styrofoam block with the 5-1/2"x18" piece of moss cloth. Allow approx. 1/2" overhang at the top to mold around the edge, secure with glue. This piece will not cover the entire block, overlap the second piece for a finished look securing with a small amount of glue. Cut a piece of moss cloth to cover top of block, do not glue down. Flowers will hold moss piece in place.
- Bundle together approx. 7 Salt Cedar branches; cut one end of bundle and wrap with brown floral tape. Tip: Soak branches in water if needed to make them more pliable. Push taped end into top of the block, near the middle edge. Bend branches to the height desired and cut so they are even. Wrap ends with floral tape and push into foam creating handle. Secure with glue.
- Make a bow and attach to the handles on the left side.
- Cut stems of gerbera daisies and arrange referring to photo.
- Cut the ivy bush into pieces and place around flowers and vacant spaces.
- Secure stems with glue where needed.