Gerbera Daisy Graduation Centerpiece
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Oval summer tin or container of choice
- 1-1/2" wide ribbon: sheer lime green,
- orange, yellow stripe
- 3 Summer Inspirations gerbera daisy bushes
- Onion grass stem
- Two 7" stemmed glass votive holders
- 5" stemmed glass votive holder
- 3 votive candles
- Floral foam
- 1 pkg green cloth floral wire
- 1 pkg 6" floral wood picks
- 1 pkg green floral tape
- Low-temp glue gun, glue sticks
- Glue stick
- Double-sided tape
- Wire cutters
- Craft knife
- Fill container with floral foam for a tight fit.
- Use double-sided tape to attach a ribbon band around container.
- Clean votive holders.
- To stabilize votive holders in arrangement: cut 5 green cloth wires in half. Remove wires from 9 wood picks. Center 1 wire, then wrap around stem. Twist wires and attach to wood pick. Repeat on 3 wires with wood picks evenly spaced around stem. Repeat with other votive holders. Refer to photo. Place one 7" votive holder resting center back in container. Place 5" votive holder in front. Place remaining 7" votive holder in center slightly to the left.
- Cut apart the flower stems from bushes. Fill flowers in container resting over the edge. Refer to photo.
- Cut onion grass into individual pieces. Group 3 pieces and attach to wood pick, wrap with green floral tape to secure. Curl each onion grass piece with edge of scissors. Insert groups into arrangement.
- Print "Class of 2009" with computer. Cut 10" length of ribbon. Center Class of 2009 and glue to ribbon. Use 2 wood picks with wires removed to hold banner on ribbon. Place bead of glue along ribbon edge and secure to top of wood pick. Wrap with ribbon 1-1/2" from edge of words. Secure with bead of glue. Repeat with other end. Insert into design.
- Fill votive holders with candles.