Get Boo-ed Halloween Cupcakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:
- 12" Rolling Pin
- 18-Pc. Metal Halloween Cookie Cutter Set: Ghost & Spider Web used
- Parchment Paper
- 15.25"x10.25" Medium Cookie Pan
- 10"x14" Cooling Grid
- Royal Icing Recipe
- Icing Colors: Black, Moss Green*,
- Lemon Yellow*
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Cake Decorating Tip 3
- Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Candy Melts® Candy: 10-oz. makes approx. 14-16 treats
- Halloween Chalkboard Cupcake
- Combo Pack: Baking cups used
- 12-Cup Standard Muffin Pan
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing:
- 4.5 lb. Tub
- 9" Angled Spatula
- Favorite roll-out cookie recipe
- Sharp knife
- Food-safe scissors
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix
- Plastic ruler
* Combine Moss Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.
1. Make cookies one day in advance. Prepare cookie dough and roll out following recipe directions. Use ghost cutter from set to cut out shapes. Use knife to trim bottom of ghosts to form a “V” with a 1" point. Bake cookies on parchment paper-lined cookie pan & allow to cool completely.
2. Decorate cookies. Prepare royal icing following recipe directions. Tint a small portion black. Reserve majority white. Thin a portion of white icing following recipe directions. Use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bag & full-strength white icing to outline cookies. Use thinned white icing in cut disposable decorating bag to fill in cookies. Allow to dry overnight. Use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bag & full-strength black icing to pipe mouths & dot eyes. Use finger dipped in cornstarch to pat icing flat. Allow to dry, about
3. Make candy plaque spider webs. Melt pumpkin spice Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Place spider web cutter from set on cookie pan. Fill cutter with melted candy, 1/8" thick. Tap pan gently to smooth & remove air bubbles. Allow to cool in refrigerator until firm, about 15-20 minutes. Unmold candy plaque.
4. Make cupcakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cupcakes & allow to cool completely.
5. Decorate cupcakes. Tint decorator icing green. Use spatula to ice cupcakes smooth. Insert cookies into cupcake tops, positioned at an angle forward. Lay cupcakes on candy plaques & use additional melted pumpkin spice candy to secure.