Get Boo-ed Halloween Cupcakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:
- Halloween Chalkboard Cupcake 12"
- Rolling Pin Combo Pack (baking cups used)
- 18-pc. Metal Halloween Cookie Cutter Set
- 12-cup Standard Muffin Pan (ghost & spider web cutters used)
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Parchment Paper — 4-1/2 lb. tub
- 15-1/4"x10-1/4" Medium Cookie Pan
- 9" Angled Spatula
- 10"x14" Cooling Grid
- Royal Icing Recipe
- Icing Colors: Black, Moss Green*, Lemon Yellow*
- Cornstarch Cake Decorating Tip 3
- Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Candy Melts®
- Favorite roll-out cookie recipe
- Sharp knife
- Food-safe scissors
- 12" disposable decorating bags
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix
- Plastic ruler
- Candy (10 oz. bag makes approx. 14-16 treats)
*Combine Moss Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.
1.Make cookies one day in advance. Prepare cookie dough and roll out following recipe directions. Use ghost cutter from set to cut out shapes. Use knife to trim bottom of ghosts to form a "V" with a 1" point. Bake cookies on parchment paper-lined cookie pan and allow to cool completely.
2.Decorate cookies. Prepare royal icing following recipe directions. Tint a small portion black. Reserve majority white. Thin a portion of white icing following recipe directions. Use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bag and full-strength white icing to outline cookies. Use thinned white icing in cut disposable decorating bag to fill in cookies. Allow to dry overnight. Use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bag and full-strength black icing to pipe mouths and dot eyes. Use finger dipped in cornstarch to pat icing flat. Allow to dry, about 1 hour.
3.Make candy plaque spider webs. Melt pumpkin spice Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Place spider web cutter from set on cookie pan. Fill cutter with melted candy, 1/8" thick. Tap pan gently to smooth and remove air bubbles. Allow to cool in refrigerator until firm, about 15 to 20 minutes. Unmold candy plaque.
4.Make cupcakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cupcakes and allow to cool completely.
5.Decorate cupcakes. Tint decorator icing green. Use spatula to ice cupcakes smooth. Insert cookies into cupcake tops, positioned at an angle forward. Lay cupcakes on candy plaques, and use additional melted pumpkin spice candy to secure.