Get Poppin' Caramel Corn Candy Apples
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:
- 6" Cookie Sticks
- Limited Edition Caramel Apple Candy Melts® Candy:12 oz. makes 6 10"x14" Cake Board
- Parchment Paper
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Green apples: medium size, washed & dried
- Caramel popcorn: 1 cup for each apple
1. Dip apples. Use knife to coarsely chop caramel popcorn. Melt caramel apple Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Use melted caramel apple candy to dip ends of cookie sticks and insert into top of apples. Allow to cool in refrigerator until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Use melted caramel apple candy to dip apples. Tap apples gently to remove excess candy and place apples on parchment paper-covered cake board. Allow to cool in refrigerator until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Decorate apples. Use melted caramel apple candy in cut disposable decorating bag to attach popcorn pieces to apples. Allow to cool in refrigerator until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
Tip: Have fun creating new flavor combinations for your apples. Use sweet, salty and savory additions, such as chocolate chips, crushed pretzels or even chopped bacon.