Get the Look: Upcycled Doily Embellished Jacket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tweed jacket
- 2 large lace or crochet doilies
- 2 small lace or crochet doilies
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
1. Cut scalloped edge off large doily. Pin scallop on the edge of collar shaping around corners.
2. Using the balance of doily, fill and cut lace into different patterns to fit the shape of collar.
3. Hem raw edges with a straight stitch or zig zag to secure lace and keep lace from unraveling.
1. Cut small doily in half.
2. Measure circumference of cuff. Overlap lace to fit cuff, hand sew overlap.
3. With raw hem, place onto right side of cuff and sew down.
4. Fold scallop edges up onto sleeve, hand stitch to secure. Repeat on other sleeve.