Get the Real Skinny Hat & Scarf Set
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 skein Sensations Soles & More Sock Yarn
- Size 3 circular needle, 16"
- Size 3 double-pointed needles
- Yarn needle
- Clover pompom maker, size 15/8 inch.
- Stitch markers
- Tape measure
- 1 skein Sensations Soles & More sock yarn
- Size 3 single point needles
- Yarn needle
- Steam iron
- With circular needles, cast on 145 stitches. Join for working in the round, being careful not to twist stitches. Place marker.
- Seed St: Row 1: K1, P1, repeat for entire round. Row 2: P1, K1 for entire round. Repeat these 2 rounds until piece measures 1-1/2".
- Knit 1 round decreasing 1 stitch by knitting 2 together. Continue knitting every round until piece measures 6". Knit 1 round, placing marker after every 12 stitches
- Decrease Row 1: Knit to two stitches before marker, knit 2 together. Repeat across round. Row 2: Knit every stitch.
- Repeat above 2 rows until 12 stitches remain, changing to double-pointed needles as needed. Knit 2 together—6 stitches remain. Break yarn and using yarn needle, draw yarn through remaining stitches. Fasten yarn end on reverse side
- Ear flaps: For left ear flap, with right side facing, measure 3"from center back. Pick up and knit 32 stitches. Knit 1 row. Knit in seed stitch for 4 rows. Decrease Row: K1, K2 together, Seed stitch to last 3 stitches, K2 together, K1. Row 2: Seed stitch across all stitches. Repeat these 2 rows until 4 stitches remain.
- Using double-pointed needles knit an I-cord on remaining stitches for 3"or desired length. Bind off.
- For right ear flap, with right side facing, measure 8"from center back. Pick up and knit 32 stitches. Knit 1 row. Continue as for left ear flap.
- Make 2 pompoms following the directions on package. Attach to ends of I-cords using yarn needle.
- Weave in ends with yarn needle.
- Cast on 28 stitches.
- Knit every row for 1".
- Row 1: (right side) Knit every stitch.
- Row 2: Knit 3, purl 22, knit 3.
- Repeat rows 1 & 2 until piece measures 71".
- Knit every row for 1". Bind off.
- Block scarf by using iron set on "wool" setting with steam.