SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Textured yarn:
- Black, green multicolored, green ribbon -- 1 skein each
- String-Along Poms, black
- 1/8 yd. Purple tulle
- 15 Black chenille stems
- Craft foam sheets: 1 orange, 1 green, 3 purple
- Sticky-back craft foam sheets: 2 black, 1 white
- Wiggle eyes
- Scissors & pinking shears
- Purple embroidery floss, 1 skein
- Alphabet template, optional
- Tacky glue
- Hole punch
- Push pins
- Create ornaments:
- Pumpkins: Using pinking shears, cut two 5" orange craft foam circles. Decorate with wiggle eyes, black craft foam nose and mouth, and green craft foam stem and leaf.
- Monsters: Cut two 5" flower pot shaped green craft foam pieces. Decorate with wiggle eyes, green craft foam nose, round orange craft foam cheeks, chenille stem smile and black craft foam hair. Gather 5"x10" tulle, wrap short end with floss to form fan shape and glue to the back.
- Bats: Cut 7 purple craft foam sheets using the included bat pattern. Cut BEWARE! letters out of white craft foam then glue onto bats. Glue on wiggle eyes. d. Spiders - Using pinking shears, cut six 3" circles of black craft foam. Place eight 6" chenille stem legs between two circles, then glue together to form one spider. Glue eyes on both sides of spiders.
- Attach the String-Along Poms to the wall with push pins to make assembly easier. Allow about a foot of Poms to hang down on each end.
- Attach ornaments to Poms using chenille stems or yarn. Cut the black and green multicolored yarns together in various lengths and tie between each pom-pom. Cut green ribbon yarn and tie so the tails stick out above the garland. Do the same with scraps of purple tulle.