SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yard Halloween fabric
- Black fabric scraps for face appliqué
- 1 Craft-Sized pkg Nature’s Touch® 100% White Cotton Batting
- 3 yds Cheesecloth
- 1 pkg Perfect Loft® Cluster Fiber Fill
- 1 sheet EZ25S EZ-Steam® II
- Printed template
- Scissors, invisible marking pen & thread
- Rotary cutter, sewing machine & related supplies
- Iron & ironing surface
- To download the templates, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Print the template page and cut out the circle. Trace 10 circles onto White Batting and cut out.
- Stack two circles and sew around edges with 1/8" seam allowance. Leave a 1" gap for stuffing.
- Insert desired amount of Perfect Loft™. Sew opening closed.
- Cut one 20” length of Cheesecloth. Fold into thirds.
- Center stuffed batting piece on top of the Cheesecloth and fold the Cheesecloth around it to create the ghost shape.
- Arrange Cheesecloth as desired, bunch just below the batting and stitch from one end to the other to secure.
- Repeat steps 2-6 to create five total ghosts.
- Using the template provided, trace desired eye and mouth shapes on the gridded side of the EZ-Steam® II. Remove white backing and finger press to the wrong side of the black fabric. Cut shapes out. Remove gridded backing and finger press shapes onto desired locations on each ghost. Fuse. Set ghosts aside.
- To create hanging ribbons, cut one 2" x 42" strip of fabric and five 2" strips of varying lengths. Fold each strip in half lengthwise and press. Open, fold raw edges in to meet the center crease, and press. Refold on the center crease, pin, and topstitch to secure. Set long strip aside.
- Fold one end of one short strip in by 2” and stitch the end to create a hanging loop.
- Cut a small rectangle (1/4" x 1/2") of EZ-Steam® II. Remove white backing and finger press to the opposite end of the strip. Press with a hot dry iron, let cool and remove gridded backing. Finger press strip end to the center of the back of one ghost head. Fuse.
- Repeat steps 10 & 11 for all ghosts.
- Slide a stick or a dowel through the loops of each ghost in desired layout. Knot one side of the 42” strip to either side of the stick or dowel to hang.
Items in This Collection