SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Heavy pot
- Floral foam
- Spanish moss
- Black gloss spray paint
- Mesh bags
- White candies 3 bags
- PEEPS® Ghosts
- Wooden skewers
- Paint: purple, orange, green
- Glitter, clear
- Spray adhesive
- Spray varnish
- Black tulle circles
- Ribbons: black sheer, purple, orange, green, orange with dots
- White glitter alphabet stickers
- Plastic google eyes
- Cardstock: purple, orange, green, black
- Circle punch
- Paper trimmer or scissors
- Hole punch
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Zots™ adhesive dots
1. Trim branch to desired shape and spray with black paint.
2. Tie orange dot ribbon around the neck of the pot. Make a tag and attach "BOO" in alphabet stickers and a pair of google eyes. Mount the tag onto orange cardstock and trim edges. Punch a hole and tie onto orange ribbon knot with black ribbon.
3. Fill pot with floral foam, cut to fit. Insert branch into foam to determine best position. Remove the branch, coat the bottom with glue and insert into the pot. Let glue dry. Drizzle glue over the foam and cover with moss. Let dry.
4. Using Zots™, mount plastic eyes onto circles punched from cardstock in various colors. Layer the eyes on the cardstock circles and, again using Zots™, attach to the front of the mesh bag about 1/3 up from the bottom of the bag. Fill with 1/3 bag of white candies. Tie ribbons once, and set aside.
5. Separate PEEPS® from each other. One at a time, spray PEEPS® with spray adhesive and press onto a plate of glitter to coat. Let PEEPS® dry, and then spray each one with spray varnish to seal.
6. Paint a skewer for each PEEPS® ghost, either purple, orange or green. Insert the skewer into the ghost, and tie a ribbon beneath each ghost. Set aside.
7. Cut a 6" strip of black sheer ribbon. Gather a black tulle circle at the center, making a pouf, and tie the point off with the ribbon. Trim the tulle to a shorter length, if desired, and tie onto the painted branch. Continue adding tulle poufs, as desired.
8. Tie bags of white candy onto the branches, keeping them balanced, visually and weight-wise. Insert skewered PEEPS® into the foam in the pot, at varying heights. Bags of candy are edible; PEEPS® are not.