1. Place ½ yd of gauze or gauze-like fabric on mannequin. Pin and shape to mannequin. Draw design on gauze fabric and cut off excess.
2. Apply Stiffy® fabric stiffener to gauze bodice, smoothing out all over fabric surface. Let dry.
3. Measure 36"x30" for front of dress. Gather at waist, pin. Use Stiffy® fabric stiffener on dress front, smooth out so it is fully covered in stiffener.
4. Do the same for the back section of dress but measure an extra 8" near center back to create a train. Apply Stiffy® fabric stiffener. Let dry.
5. After gauze fabric pieces are dry, remove from mannequin and glue all the pieces together. Use a hot glue gun to attach side seams together and dress to bodice. Overlap the seams by ¼" and hot glue.
6. After glue is dry, spray with Aleene’s® Stiffen Quik™ to give extra stiffness to dress.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>