SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One 3-yd pkg Dritz Cheesecloth or 3 yds by the yard
- Heavy wire or coat hanger
- Black felt for eyes
- One 9" Styrofoam cone
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic wrap
- Gallon-size plastic storage bag
- Dritz Fabric Glue Stick
- Fabric stiffener
- Wire Cutters
- Bend wire to form head and arm shapes. Position arms by bringing them forward and bending one higher than the other. Connect base of wire shape to top of Styrofoam cone. Wrap the arms and head with aluminum foil to give them shape (see illustration). Drape a piece of plastic wrap over form so cheesecloth will not stick to foil when it is dry. Place a large piece of aluminum foil or plastic wrap on a table and position ghost form in the center.
- Pour some stiffener into plastic bag.
- Cut a 6" square of cheesecloth and place in bag of stiffener. Squeeze bag until cheesecloth is fully saturated.
- To remove cheesecloth, squeeze out excess stiffener. Pull cheesecloth out of bag.
- Place this piece on the head. This will provide more shape for the head.
- To form ghost: Unfold 1 yard of cheesecloth and place in bag of stiffener. Squeeze bag until cheesecloth is fully saturated. Remove cheesecloth as in step 4. Center cheesecloth over form. Leave a small opening for hands. Below hands, bring the cheesecloth together and arrange the cheesecloth around the base. If desired, drape another layer of cheesecloth over ghost.
- Let ghost dry until hard.
- When dry, carefully remove hardened cheesecloth from form. If plastic wrap sticks to cheesecloth, remove it.
- Cut small oval eyes from black felt. Glue in place.