SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Crayola Model Magic : white, green, red
- Paper mache boxes, 1 box for each project
- Acrylic paints: light blue, white, red
- 2/3 yd Ribbon for each box
- Cardstock scraps
- Tacky glue
- Spouncer brushes
- Airtight plastic bags to store open packages of Model Magic
- Hole punch
- Paint one box blue, inside and out. Paint white circles with Spouncer. Set aside to dry.
- Roll a 1" ball of green Model Magic on the work surface, to make a caterpillar shape about the diameter of a pencil and 6-7" long. Bend into curves, to fit on the box lid. Flatten the head with thumb and make the tail end pointed. Make a smile on the face with fingernail.
- Apply glue to the back of each gem with a toothpick and push into the Model Magic . Let dry.
- Repeat the above steps to make a caterpillar with a larger ball, and curve it along the side of the box. Add the gems, and allow it to dry in place to keep the shape. When dry, glue both caterpillars to the box.
- Make a tag and tie it onto the box with ribbon.
PEPPERMINT GARDEN BOX
- Paint the box red, inside and out. Set aside to dry.
- Break off a small amount of white and red Model Magic, roll the white into a rope and the red into a narrower rope. Wrap the red around the white, and then roll them together until smooth. Coil the red and white rope into a circle. Repeat, making a total of 3 circles. Allow to dry. Glue the circles to the top of the lid. Glue on gems to form the stems and the ground.
- Roll pea-sized white Model Magic balls. Put a little glue on the back of a green gem with a toothpick, and press it into the white ball, flattening it. Make enough to encircle the box. Allow to dry. Glue into place.
- Make a cardstock tag, punch a hole, and tie to box with coordinating ribbon.