SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Nordic WareÂ® cast aluminum Gift Cakelette Pan
- EZ-Deco frosting pen or other decorating tips
- Favorite dense pound cake or Bundt cake recipe & supplies
- Cooling rack
- Non-stick baking spray
- Frosting or icing
- Candy (if desired)
1. Choose favorite dense pound cake or Bundt cake style recipes. These will yield the most finely detailed and best tasting cakes and are therefore recommended over other lighter fluffier mixes and recipes.
2. After greasing and flouring the pan or spraying with baking spray, pour batter into cake pan, filling 3/4 full. To remove air bubbles from batter, tap the pan firmly on a hard surface such as a cutting board. This will result in a dense, bubble-free exterior on the cakes. Bake according to recipe directions.
3. Allow cakes to cool 8-10 minutes in the pan. Cooling for a shorter time may result in cakes tearing as they come out of the pan, and cooling for a longer time allows the sugar in the cakes to solidify to the pan. Once on a cooling rack, allow cakes to cool fully before decorating.
4. Using an EZ Deco Pen or other frosting decorating set, pipe desired colors of frosting onto cakes. Using a contrasting color for the ribbon detail yields exquisite results. Or, try using sanding sugar in various colors for a different unique texture.
Ideas for decoration include holiday-colored packages (red/green frosting and candies), white cakes with silver or pastel ribbon for a wedding shower, or bright colors for a birthday celebration