Gift Card Ornament Envelope
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Variety of cardstock & patterned papers
- Glue or double-stick tape
- Adhesive foam dots
- Fiskars® tools:
Large Circle Punch
Variety of punches and edgers
- Bone folder
- Small hole punch
- Stickers & other holiday embellishments
1. Use paper trimmer to cut a strip of cardstock that measures 4½"x9".
2. With the patterned side out, fold the strip into thirds, lengthwise. Use a bone folder to crease the folds.
3. Lay paper horizontally and use a large circle punch to punch a circular notch from the right end of the strip.
4. Run a strip of adhesive or a line of glue along the outer edges of the middle section of the paper strip. Fold the notched right section in towards the middle and press down to stick.
5. Punch two small holes along the crease between the left and middle sections.
6. Use a border punch or edger to give the envelope flap a decorative edge.
7. Run a length of ribbon or twine through the small punched holes and tie the ends together to create a hanger for the ornament.
8. Using edgers, scissors and punches, create a collage on the front of the envelope and personalize it for the recipient. Incorporate a few stickers, rhinestones or other holiday embellishments.
9. After embellishing is done, insert a gift card and hang from the Christmas tree.