Gingerbread Boy Ice Cream Toppers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- WiltonÂ® food-crafting supplies
- Candy MeltsÂ® Candy: Light Cocoa (6 oz. makes 12 to 14 treats), White (1/2 oz. makes 12 to 14 treats)
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Presents and Mini Gingerbread Man Pretzel and Candy Molds
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Colored Lollipop Sticks: Red, Green
- Decorating Tip: 21
- Christmas Nonpareils
- Food-safe scissors
- Spice drops (green used)
- Whipped topping
- Fudge ice cream topping
- Favorite ice cream sundaes
1. Make gingerbread boy. Melt light cocoa Candy Melts candy in disposable decorating bag according to package directions. Cut small point off of tip. Fill gingerbread boy molds. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 10 to 15 minutes. Unmold by gently flexing mold according to package directions.
2. Decorate facial features. Melt white Candy Melts candy in disposable decorating bag according to package directions. Use to pipe dot facial features and buttons. Reserve remaining melted white candy.
3. Make hats. Cut off 1/4" of green spice drops from bottom, and cut in half vertically. Shape into cones. Use melted white candy to attach to top gingerbread boys, to pipe zigzags at base of hats and to pipe a dot at top of hats. Place on parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Assemble candy stick. Use melted light cocoa candy to attach lollipop sticks to back of gingerbread boys. Place on parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Decorate sundae. Use tip 21, cut disposable decorating bag and whipped topping to pipe swirl on fudge-topped ice cream. Sprinkle with nonpareils. Insert lollipop sticks into ice cream.