Give a Hoot
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cricut Expression® Personal Electronic Cutter
- Cricut® Give a Hoot cartridge
- Cardstock: brown, cream, rust, light orange, green striped
- Ribbon: 9" brown, 15" rust checkered
- Brown ink pad
- Paper trimmer
- Foam squares
1. Cut one 10 1/2"x7 1/4" block of brown cardstock. Fold in half to create card base. Cut one 5"x7" block of cream cardstock. Cut one 4 3/4"x6 3/4" block of brown cardstock. Cut one 4 3/4"x6 3/4" block of green striped cardstock. Layer blocks together. Adhere brown and rust checkered ribbon around left side of blocks. Tie a bow around ribbons using rust checkered ribbon as shown. Adhere to card front.
2. Cut owl. Using Give a Hoot cartridge and brown cardstock, cut two 3" <Owl1>. Repeat cut using Layer feature and cream cardstock. Using rust cardstock, press Shift and cut one 3" <Owl1-s>. Repeat cut using Layer feature and light orange cardstock. Ink edges. Layer owl together. Adhere owl to card front using foam squares.
3. Cut leaf border. Using brown cardstock, select Border feature and cut one 1" <Sqrrel1>. Using rust cardstock, select Border feature, press Shift, and cut one 1" <Sqrrl1-s>. Ink edges. Layer and adhere to card.
4. Cut Give A Hoot. Using brown cardstock, select Phrase feature and cut one 1 3/4" <Owl1>. Using rust cardstock, select Phrase feature, press Shift, and cut one 1 3/4" <Owl1-s>. Layer and adhere to card.