Give Me a Ring Frame
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid Mod Podge gloss finisher
- Scrapbook paper
- Old phone book
- 1-ft rainbow pink ribbon
- 1-ft light pink ribbon
- 1-ft pink rickrack
- 7"x9" wood picture frame with 3-1/2"x5" opening
- Flat paintbrush
- Craft glue
- Remove page from a phone book; rip into strips. Use Mod Podge to adhere to edges of the frame. Layer and overlap pieces to cover entire outside edge. Wrap pieces to the back.
- Remove glass from frame; place on back of a piece of scrapbook paper. Trace the opening & outside of frame.
- Cut out the photo opening & around the frame tracing.
- Spread an even coat of Mod Podge over front of frame; apply the cut-out from step 3. Smooth paper in place with the brayer. Allow to dry 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut a phone shape from 2nd sheet of scrapbook paper. Use Mod Podge to adhere phone shape to frame. Smooth; allow to dry 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut a piece of complementary paper to fit the frame opening; glue to frame insert.
- Cut out images from phone book. Adhere images to frame with Mod Podge. Allow to dry 15 to 20 minutes.
- Completely coat the frame with 2 coats of Mod Podge. Allow 15 to 20 minutes of drying time between coats.
- Add ribbon embellishments. Allow to dry completely before finishing with a photo.