Glimmering Heart Crocheted Pin
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 5-1/2 yds. of 26-gauge craft designer wire
- 16-18 small glass beads (4mm), color of your choice
- 5-6 medium glass beads (6-8mm), assorted shapes, color of your choice
- One 1-1/4" pin back
- Needle-nose pliers
- Size F crochet hook
- Cut a 4-yard length of wire.
- Chain 21 using the wire the same as you would use yarn.
- Turn. Single crochet in second chain from hook and in each chain across.
- Chain 1. Repeat step 2 twice more.
- Bend to form a 'V.' Continue to single crochet back and forth to fill in the center of the "V."
- Continue to add single crochets to build up the rounded tops of the heart. Pinch the wire to enhance the heart shape. NOTE: Any shape you like can be crocheted. Try a square, rectangle, or circle for variety.
- Cut a 1-yd. length of wire. Insert one end 6"through the edge of the heart and wrap around to secure. The short end should face away from the heart. Add beads to the short end of the wire and curl to secure the beads in place.
- Continue to add beads to the longer end of the wire and after adding each bead, wrap the wire around the wire in the heart. Continue to add beads and wrap wire to distribute the beads around the heart.
- Retain 6"of wire at the other end, wrapping around the opposite side of the heart and adding beads to complete. Curl the ends of the wire to finish off.
- Using the remaining 1/2-yd. length of wire, thread the wire through the holes of the pin back and through the crocheted piece to secure in place.