SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 12" x 12" DCWV® shimmer stack
- 12" x 12" DCWV® neutrals cardstock stack
- 12" x 12" DCWV® solid glitter stack
- 12" Styrofoam™ brand wreath
- Paper crafting punches: medium and large snowflake, or use personal die-cutting machine
- 2-1/2" brown silk ribbon
- Iridescent glitter: bottle & shimmer spray
- Large silver brads: 5 with a snowflake head and 5 with a round head
- Scoring tool
- Paper crafting adhesive: foam squares and hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Paper trimmer
1. Cover the Styrofoam™ wreath with brown ribbon, securing the beginning and the end with headpins. Set aside.
2. Select 2 colors of cardstock from the shimmer stack, 2 from the neutrals cardstock stack, and 2 from the glitter stack. Divide them into 2 sets of 3 sheets each and cut fifteen 3-1/2" x 3/4" strips from each color. Put one set aside.
3. Beginning with first set, score each piece in half so that when folded measures 1-3/4" x 3/4". Divide pieces into 5 piles, with 9 pieces in each pile.
4. Take 2 different colored pieces from first pile. Adhere the first piece to the 2nd piece at a 45 degree angle, with the corner of the first centered on the outside edge of the first half—section below or above the fold—of the 2nd. Continue adhering the pieces together until a circle is formed. Fold all the outside sections in toward the middle to form star/snowflake, adhering them in place. Repeat with the remaining 4 piles to form 4 additional star/snowflakes.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining set of strips.
6. Once there are 10 star/snowflakes, adhere them around the wreath as shown in the image. *Note: there will be a section that is not covered—this is for the bow.
7. Punch out 10 medium snowflakes and 10 large snowflakes in assorted colors. If desired, apply iridescent glitter around the outside of some of them. Allow them to dry before continuing.
8. Match snowflakes together—1 medium and 1 large—into 10 sets. Attach them in the middle with either the snowflake brad or the round brad. Attach these to star/snowflakes using an adhesive foam square.
9. Add a large bow to the top of wreath.